Student Grievance Procedure
An aggrieved student by any acts of ragging, sexual harassment, discrimination, misconduct or any other shall approach Ruia Students Grievance Redressal Cell (hereafter referred as RSGRC) which has been set up in accordance with the provisions of the University Grants Commission (Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, or any other regulations for the time being in force. Students’ grievance Redressal Cell will resolve the grievances of students and suggest to the higher authorities different ways and means to minimize and prevent such grievances.
The Committee is to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment. It is a measure to develop a responsive and accountable attitude in the Institute and ensure that there is no laxity in terms of fair-deal with the students and others.
The following grievance redressal procedure must be followed by the student for referring the matter to the committee:
· Ruia College Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell
The aggrieved student shall give a written complaint to the RSGRC. The RSGRC shall send the report and recommendation to the vice-chancellor of the affiliating university within a period of 15 days of receiving the complaint.
· University Grievance Redressal Committee (UGRC)
In case of grievances not resolved by RSGRC, it shall be referred to university grievance redressal committee (UGRC) for which the vice-chancellor of the
affiliating university shall constitute a university grievance redressal committee (UGRC) consisting of five members for a individual colleges or a group of college keeping in view the location of the college.
- The UGRC shall follow the principal of normal justice while deciding the grievance of the students.
- The UGRC shall send the report and the recommendation to the principal of the college within a period of 15 days of receiving the complaint.
- Any person aggrieved by the decision of the institution grievance redressal committee or university grievance redressal committee may within in a period of six days prefer an appeal of the Ombudsperson.
- Procedure for redressal of grievances by ombudsperson and grievance redressal committee
- Any aggrieved student of the institution may submit an application on online portal seeking grievance redressal.
- On receipt of any online complaint shall refer the complaint to the appropriate Grievance Redressal Committee along with its comments within 15 days of receipt of complaint on online portal.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall fix a date for hearing the complaint which shall be communicated to the institution and the aggrieved parson.
- An aggrieved person may appear either in person or be represented by such person as may be authorized to present his/her case.
- The Grievance not resolved at the appropriate Grievance Redressal Committee shall be referred to the ombudsperson.
- The institution shall cooperate with the ombudsperson or the Grievance Redressal Committee as the case may be, in redressal of grievances and failure to do so may be reported by, the ombudsperson to the Vice Chancellor.
- On the conclusion of proceeding, the ombudsperson shall pass such order, with reasons for such order, as may be deemed fit to redress the grievance and provide such relief as may be desirable to the affected party at issue, after giving due hearing to both the parties.
- Ever order under the signature of the ombudsperson shall be provided to the aggrieved person and the institution and shall be placed on the website of the institution.
- The institution shall comply with the recommendations of the ombudsperson. Any recommendations of the ombudsperson not complied with by the institution shall be reported by the ombudsperson to the commission.
- In case of any false or frivolous complaint, the ombudsperson may recommend appropriate action against the complainant.
· Appointment tenure, removal and conditions of services of Ombudsperson:
- Each HEI shall appoint an Ombudsperson for redressal of grievances of students under these regulations.
- The Ombudsperson shall be a person not related to the university and who is a retires Vice-Chancellor, Registrar or a faculty member who has at least ten years of experience as a Professor.
- The Ombudsperson shall not be in any conflict of interest with the university, either before or after his appointment.
- The Ombudsperson, or any member of his immediate family shall not-
- Hold or have held at any point in the past any post or, employment in any office of point in the university.
- Have any significant relationship, including personal, family, professional or financial, with the university.
- Hold any position in university by whatever name called, in the administration or governances’ structure of the university.
- The Ombudsperson in a state university shall be appointed by the executive council of the university on part-time basis from a panel of their names recommended by the search committee consisting of the following members, namely.
- The ombudsperson may be removed on charges of proven misconduct or misbehavior or as defined under these regulations, by the concerned appointing authority i.e. the executive council of the university.
Functions of Ombudsperson:
- The Ombudsperson shall hear any appeal of an applicant for admission as student or student of the university against the university or institution affiliated to it as the case may be, after the student has availed all remedies available in such institution for redressal of grievance such as IGRC/ UGRC;
- No application for revaluation or remarking of answer sheets shall be entertained by the ombudsperson. However, the issues of malpractices in the examination and evaluation processes may be referred to the Ombudsperson.
- Ombudsperson may seek the assistance of any person as amicus curiae, for hearing complaints of alleged discrimination.
- The Ombudsperson shall make all efforts to resolve the grievances within a period of 30 days of receiving the appeal from the students.
Information regarding ombudsperson grievance redressal committee.
- The institution shall provide detailed information regarding provisions of Grievance Redressal Committee and ombudsperson on their website and in their prospectus prominently.
University Grants Commission, New Delhi, Anti Ragging Helpline Toll Free Number: 1800-180- 5522 & E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Helpline telephone numbers-02269186201 - /02/03/04