Ramnarain Ruia Autonomous College fosters a sound research culture through its PhD programs offered in Science and Arts streams.
The College has as many as 11 departments recognized by University of Mumbai for research namely, Bioanalytical Sciences, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Life- science, Microbiology, Physics and Zoology in Science stream and History, Sanskrit, English in Arts stream.
Research activity is an integral part of the academic program of Ruia College. The college has developed adequate physical and intellectual infrastructure to promote doctoral programs in thirteen science and arts departments. Over the years more than 650 PhDs have been produced by the college in different disciplines. Currently, the college has 27 Research Supervisors. The college has a strong industry linkage which benefits students immensely. Blending research activity with teaching has helped the college add a new dimension to the teaching-learning process.
- Bioanalytical Science
- Life science
- Applied Biology
Main Areas of Research
- Green Chemistry.
- Drug Standardization using Electroanalytical methods.
- Quality Control and standardization of herbal drugs, Indian systems of medicine and their bioactive principles.
- Microfluidics – Lab on Chip and Lab on Paper for microbiological and chemical analysis.
- Cytogenetics, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Phycology.
- Probiotics & Endophytes, Marine Biotechnology.
- Toxicology, Animal Physiology, Nutrition & Dietetics, Nutraceuticals, Environmental Science.
- Algal Biodiversity.
- Biofuel from Algae.
- Food History & Culture, Environmental History.
- International Relations.
- Development Economics.
- Environmental Economics & Financial Economics.
- Economics of Education.
- Vedic and Classical Sanskrit Literature.
- Indian Knowledge Management System.
- Tribal Philosophy.
- Canadian Literature, Stylistics, Feminism.
- Dalit Literature, Buddhism.
- Marathi Drama & Poetry.
- Didactics of language and pedagogy, Intercultural Studies, Technology assisted language learning.