Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) When does the library open?
The working hours are:Main Library (Ground floor) - Mon. – Sat. – 8.30 am to 5.30 pmReading Hall (3rd floor) - Mon. – Sat. – 9 am to 5 pm
Circulation counter - Mon. – Fri. – 10 am to 4 pm; Sat. – 10 am to 1 pmReference section - Mon. – Sat. – 9 am to 5 pm
2) How many books can I get from the library?
- Two books are issued to students.
- Junior College and Degree College students can issue the books for home-lending for one week. Post Graduate students can issue for 15 days.
- If the book is not returned on due date, the late fine is Rs. 2 per book per day.
- The contractual staff (teaching and non-teaching) and external members can issue maximum 5 books for 1 month’s lending period.
- The permanent staff (teaching and non-teaching) can issue maximum 30 books for 3 month’s lending period.
3) Can I get previous years’ question papers from the library?
Yes. The Library makes available previous years’ question papers as well as syllabi. They can be day-issued (for 1 working day) from the Library for photocopying. Multiple copies of syllabi and question papers are also available in Reading Hall.