Welcome to Department of Computer Science & IT
The Department of Computer Science & Information Technology was established in the year 1999. Ruia College was among the first 8 colleges to start B.Sc. Computer Science as part of the curriculum at the Under-graduate level. Later Department introduced M.Sc. Computer Science and M.Sc. Information Technology in the year 2002 and 2012 respectively. Our Department has progressed a lot in so many years along with well-equipped laboratories. We have separate computer laboratories for UG and PG. Every year, leading companies like L & T InfoTech, TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, Infosys, MBT, ATOS, Deloitte India and many more visit the Department for the Campus Placement Drive. Many of our Graduate and Postgraduate students are placed in the above mentioned companies that make us feel proud.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has today become integral part of all industry domains as well as fields of academics and research. Considering the global competence we aim to provide high quality and affordable education in career building of students and encourage them to excel in various fields. Also enhance creativity and entrepreneurial approach through industrial collaborations.
Under autonomy a real genuine attempt has been made while designing the B.Sc. / M.Sc. Computer Science / Information Technology course structure for the 3 year graduate course. Not only does it prepare the students for a career in Software industry, it also motivates them towards further studies and research opportunities.
The core philosophy of overall syllabus is to –
- Introduce emerging trends to the students in gradual way.
- Soft skills to increase employability and make students job ready.
- Develop programming, analytical & design skills for the real world problems.
- Enable students to take up advance courses and certifications further in the domain and keep themselves updated with current technologies in industry.,
- Groom the students for the challenges of ICT industry.
- State-of-art Computer Laboratories with high configuration computers and 50 MBPS Internet connection.
- Separate computer labs for UG & PG.
- Regular Campus Placements.
- 600 Hours of Internship in the last semester of M.Sc. (CS & IT) from Academic Year 2020-21.
- Parent-teacher meetings conducted regularly to discuss the progress of students.
- Healthy relationship between students & teachers.
- Regular Mentoring session.
- Regular feedbacks from all the stakeholders viz. Students, Parents, Alumni's, Industry Experts.
BEST PRACTICES OF DEPARTMENT
- Holistic Development of Students
- Many trainings / seminars / workshops are organized every year on recent technologies.
- Project based learning in each semester. We encourage students to work on project as the part of their internals. This has helped students a lot to explore their potentials and acquire new skills in the current trends & technologies.
- Pre-placement talks to enable students face interviews.
- List of activities organized for students.
- Placement Assitance
- Nearly 70% of our UG students get placed every year through the On campus / Off campus placement drive.
- 50% of our PG students were absorbed as full-time employees through internships.
- Ruia is the only college accross Mumbai offering 300-400 hours of internship in M.Sc. Information Technology.
- We also offer internships to M.Sc. Computer Science Course.
- Regular Upgradation of Curriculum
- Autonomy has helped us to align the curriculum as per industry needs.
- We upgrade our curriculum on the basis of regular feedbacks taken from all our stakeholders.