• Develop critical reasoning and analytical skill, including the capacity for solving societal problems and thinking creatively
• Develop intellectual rigour and independence, including the ability to conduct detailed historical research
• Organizes skill-based workshops and certificate courses
• Strong research culture with students participating in research conferences and seminars and Joint Research projects with research institutions
• Students internships in industries and research institutions.
• Nurturing the potential of students by motivating and engaging them in co curricular and extra- curricular activities, thereby enabling them to carve their unique paths
Rajatarangini, the Association of the Department of History organizes multifarious activities that enables the students to excel not only in academics but also extra-curricular activities. The ‘Prof. D.D. Kosambi Memorial Lecture’ is one of the prestigious public lectures hosted annually that provides insights and perspectives in history through the lectures delivered by distinguished scholars like Romila Thapar, D.N Jha, Umesh Bagade etc. It conducts annually a festival, ‘Mudra’ an intercollegiate competition to enable the students to project their skills and showcase their talents. Guest Lectures by eminent scholars and alumni, training in competitive examination, study tours to historical places and world heritage sites, visit to caves, forts and museums in Mumbai, workshops and seminars are a regular feature of the Department. The Department also conducts skill-based workshops and certificate courses in Food history, Archival management and Heritage of Mumbai.