Fostering disciplinary as well as inter and trans-disciplinary knowledge in order to build professional, research related and life skills among learners to facilitate development of a globally competitive, empathetic and informed life-long learner capable of adapting to multi-cultural life situations and challenges and opportunities
● Publication of Departmental Annual- ‘Homoeconomicus’ (From 2013-14)
● Inclusion of quantitative skills as well as core social science approach in teaching- learning
● Inclusion of “R” software in curriculum
● Continuous career counselling
● Informal placement assistance
● Assistance in preparation for national PG entrance examinations
● Strong alumni connect- involvement in changing syllabus, guest lectures, internships etc.
The Department of Economics was the first department in the College to take its signature annual festival ELIXIR on the national level. The faculty members of the Department believe in overall development of the students and encourage them to participate in research seminars, skill- based workshops and other extra and co-curricular activities. The Department trains students to develop analytical thinking and to understand local, national and global economic issues and hence, it organizes their interaction with experts from various walks of socio-economic-political life. The Department also organizes annual study tour and industrial visits to varied economics activities across India. The Department along with Forum of Free Enterprise organizes the A. D. Shroff Memorial elocution competition every year and the winner at the College level represents the College at the final round of the competition at the state level.