Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s )
1. What courses does the department offer?
Ans: The department offers two courses:
A) Integrated M.Sc. in Bioanalytical Sciences (5 Years after 12th Std)
B) MSc. in Bioanalytical Sciences(After graduation/ T.Y.B.Sc.)
2. What is the eligibility criteria for the Integrated M.Sc. course?
Ans: There is no entrance test for integrated M.Sc course, the admission will be done on the basis of 12th std. marks.
3. What is the eligibility criteria for the two year M.Sc. course?
There will be an entrance test for MSc. Bioanalytical Sciences. The Students graduated from Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry and who had opted chemistry tillS.Y.B.Sc. level can apply.
4. What subject combination does the course offer?
Ans: The course comprises of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences and Computational Sciences(Basic Physics, Basic Mathematics, Introductory Statistics, Bioinformatics)
5. Is the student eligible to apply if mathematics was not taken up as a subject at HSC level?
Ans: Students not having mathematics at HSC level can apply too for the integrated Msc. course, however for eligibility, the student has to qualify the bridge course offered by the college along with the regular curriculum.
6. What are the career opportunities after the completion of this course?
Ans. After completion of the course, candidate can seek jobs in the fields like
● Pharmaceutical Industry/ Chemical Industry/ Clinical Industry/ Agricultural Industry/ Research Laboratories
● Quality control/assurance departments in pharmaceutical industries, Genetic research institutes
● Analytical Development Laboratory
● Research and development section
● Manufacturing unit
● Packaging unit
● Regulatory departments
● Medical Writing
7. Is there any subject specialization offered in this course?
Ans: The course offers specialization in Bioanalysis, Bioinformatics &Neutraceuticals in the final year of Post Graduation.
8. Can students undergo any internship programmes during the course tenure?
Ans. Yes. We encourage students to take up internships/Summer training after SYBSc level to enhance their research skills. However, their is a compulsory 3 months internship programme after MSc I.
9. Where to find the detailed syllabus for the course curriculum?
Ans: The detailed syllabus is updated on the college website.
10. How often the syllabus is upgraded?
Ans. The syllabus is upgraded every year depending on the current industrial trend and requirements. The inputs regarding the syllabus upgradation are suggested by industrial experts from various sectors.
11. Are there any industrial/ educational visits organised by the department?
Ans. The department organises industry/research institute visits every year from TYBSc. Level.
12. What is the schedule for the Regular Lectures/Practicals?
Ans: This is a full time course. FYBSc will have the schedule from 12:15 to 6:00pm. SYBSc& TYBSc will have the schedule from 7:45am to 1:55pm. MSc schedule is from 9am to 5pm. Also this schedule is subject to change as per the availability of the Visiting faculty from Industries and also specialized labs availability slots for topics like Computational sciences.
13. What is the examination pattern?
Ans: Semester End examinations are carried out having two semesters per year. Theory & Practical papers are of 60marks also an Internal component for every paper is evaluated for 40 marks each. Also regular evaluation in the form of various activities, active participation by the students is also carried out.
14. Does the department provide placements after MSc?
Ans: Yes, we provide placement opportunities for students depending upon their area of interest and evaluation of their efforts throughout the course.
15. Are there any textbooks that are offered by the course?
Ans: This is Challenging yet interdisciplinary course. Hence rather than textbooks Faculty members allotted for the topic gives reference books in order to imbibe library referencing quality in students.