Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali, Pune
In the beginning, with the main objective to "impart education through Marathi", the SP Mandali Education Trust had the following objectives :
- The spread of education
- Making available education at lower cost
- Starting private schools in different places
- Promoting Marathi language and higher education through Marathi
Our motto - "See your undertaking Through"
Prof. Hari Narayan Apte, well-known Marathi novelist, visualized the above objectives which have sown the seeds for the expansion of our Institution.
It was our founders vision that we become a dynamic center of educational and cultural movements as also a vehicle of social change. Character building and value education have always been emphasized.
Keeping in view the changes in the society, the goals of our Institutions were modified as
- Emphasis on science and technology
- All-round development of students
- Disseminating ideas of secularism and liberalism
Continual modifications, reforms, expansion of the means and ends have been carried out so as to suit the changing requirements of the society.
Society democratically elects its office bearers regularly and also gives due representation to employees of all its institutions. Many eminent personalities have served the society and contributed significantly to the development.
Today "Shikshan Prasarak Mandali" is managing 60 educational Institutions, providing education from primary level to Ph D level, in different cities viz Pune, Mumbai, Solapur, Shripur, Chiplun and Lodhivali in four districts of Western Maharashtra and Konkan.
The constitution of the Managing Body
- Shri. Sohanlal Kundanmalji Jain, Chairman, Managing Council
- Shri. Shrikrishna Chitale, Vice Chairman
- Shri. Vasant Desai, Member
- Smt. Madhuri Misal, Member
- Shri. Jayant Kirad, Member
- Shri. Satish Pawar, Member
- Shri. Mihir Prabhudesai, Member
- Shri. Keshav Vaze, Member
- Shri. Damodar Bhandari, Member
- Shri. Suresh Deole, Member
- Shri. Rajesh Patwardhan, Member
- Shri. Purushottam Kulkarni, Member
- Smt. Medha Pandit, Secretory