RAMNARAIN RUIA COLLEGE: DDU KAUSHAL Kendra
The Government of India through its Deen Dayal Upadhyay Centres for Knowledge Acquisition and Upgradation of Skilled Human Abilities and Livelihood, has established KAUSHAL Centers with specific focus on vocational education. These KAUSHAL centers have been established to address the significant skill-gap that exists between the 'demands' of the industry and the 'supply' by the educational institutions. Ramnarain Ruia College with almost eight decades of experience in higher education and training and with the strong industry-academia linkages it has developed as a direct outcome of its research in humanities and sciences was the first college in the city of Mumbai to be granted permission by UGC to start a KAUSHAL Centre in August 2015.
Objectives of DDU KAUSHAL Kendra:
- To create skilled manpower for industry requirements at various levels
- To formulate courses upto PG level,keeping in mind the need of industry trained faculty in the area of skill development and entrepreneurship.
- To work in coordination with higher education system and industry
- To provide supplementary modular training programs in alignment of skill component with QP’s/NOS’s of relevant job roles such that learner is made job ready.
- To provide Recognition of Prior Learning framework.
- Provide multiple entry and exit points and vertical as well as horizontal mobility.
- Assess and certify skill competence through respective Sector Skill Council.
At the DDU KAUSHAL Kendra at Ruia College students are trained to develop hands-on skills that will significantly boost their industrial acceptability and employability. Under this center the College has implemented three programs leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) degree, and two programs leading to M.Voc degree:
- B.Voc & M.Voc in Pharma Analytical Sciences
- B.Voc & M.Voc in Green House Management
- B.Voc in Tourism and Travel Management