The BMM course provides the students with various career options in the fields of Mass Media Namely, Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations etc.
This course at the College is also supported by up-to-date infrastructure facilities.
The department functions clearly on the inputs of the visiting faculty and thanks the visiting faculty for their contribution.
Ruia College offers instructions in BMM stream in English medium.
B M M Course Pattern
In Ramnarain Ruia College following is the prevailing pattern
|Year||No of Subjects||Exam Conducted by|
|F.Y.||6 Compulsory subjects in each Semester||College on behalf of university|
|S.Y.||6 Compulsory subjects in each Semester||College on behalf of university|
|T.Y.||6 Compulsory subjects in each Semester||University|
The subject options available in Ruia College are Journalism or advertising and students are given necessary guidance for their appropriate selection.
Subjects as per the University Syllabus
Following is the list of currently offered combinations (for the year 2006 -07).
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS – I
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS – II
The examination system, implied from the above pattern, for F Y and S Y B M M is as follows
|Year||Total marks||Examination||First Term End Examination||Second Term End Examination|
|F.Y.||1200||Semester||Theory as well as Project Work - on 1st Term Course||Theory as well as Project Work - on 2nd term Course|
|S.Y.||1200||Semester||Theory as well as Project Work - on 1st Term Course||Theory as well as Project Work - on 2nd term Course|
- The examination system for T Y B M M is as follows
- The T Y B A examination is conducted entirely by university at the end of every Semester in the third year for Theory as well as Project Work.
- This exam usually starts in 1st week of April.
- Theory examination is conducted at various centers and students are generally placed in a college different than their own college.
- All examinations are conducted as per university rules effective at that time.
- For more details on examination go to examination section or to University of Mumbai web site.